how to install teradata express edition on windows 7

Connectivity
Enthusiast

how to install teradata express edition on windows 7

Hi all,

I want to install teradata expression edition on my windows 7 machine. but it say windows does not support. so what should I do?

please help

big apple
11 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: how to install teradata express edition on windows 7

I tried to install the demo version of teradata software on windows vista machine 64 bit. I had lot of problem. Currently it is installed on another machine using windows xp, 32 bit machine. I believe that the software can only be installed on 32 bit machines. I am not sure about the operating systems. I know it works on cp. I am not sure about vista or windows 7?
Enthusiast

Hi all
even Iam looking to install TD Demo version on Windows 7...please help
thanks
Enthusiast

If your Windows machine has an Intel CPU that supports virtualization (Intel VT feature), I recommend the new Teradata Express for VMWare, which you can download from this site. Use it with VMWare Player 3.0, which is a free download from vmware.com. VMWare Player supports all versions of Windows (32 or 64 bit) as host OS. Teradata Express for VMWare is a virtual machine with Teradata running on the 64-bit Linux guest OS.
Enthusiast

For windows system you can also look at Windows virtual PC in XP mode. The windows virtual PC is supported in Windows 7 Professional and ultimate version to run the 32 bit software which cannot be run on 64 bit windows.
N/A

hi i am facing a lot of problems to install the teradata s/w on my laptop which is a windows 7 and a 64bit os i have also installed the VMware s/w but it is of no help please can somebody tell me how to go about with the problem

Hey,

I'm looking for a link to download teradata express for windows, Thanks for your help

Hi,

I am looking for teradata express for my windows 7 32/64 bit machine.

but what i am getting is only the TDE editions for VMware.

Is there any edition available for Windows 7, so that i can directly access it from there..??

N/A

I know we cant install Teradata on 64 bit OS. I have Windows 7. When i learnt I can install the VMWARE Expression version via a pre-installed Teradata image, I went to the Teradata install links and all the links with the VMware install files are all greyed out. Have they removed it ?

Is there any other place from where I can install the VMware Express version's ? Pls help.

http://downloads.teradata.com/download/database/teradata-express-13-0-for-vmware-player-40-gb-editio...

http://developer.teradata.com/database/articles/introduction-to-teradata-express-for-vmware-player

can we install teradata directly on windows 7 in our desktop  without using VMware player..?

Thanks in advance