identify which jobs make a connection to a specific Database source

Connectivity
Enthusiast

identify which jobs make a connection to a specific Database source

Good evening

Im a dummy about Teradata and i have a question
in an Production system there are a lot of process that extracts information from heterogenous and operational database system.

In Director Program i can see graphically which tables are accessing i.e odbc stage icon but cant see which connection is used, a sid datanase, user y password because the info is encrypted.

i've heard about Medatada engine and Metadata Services. the question is by means of teradata engine can i find out what i was lookjong for? if yes how.

or can i make any query like a select statemente to the system catalog to find out what i was looking for? and how
3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: identify which jobs make a connection to a specific Database source

If you want to see who (or what) accesses a specific database, you'll need DBQL Object Logging turned on. Then, you can look at the DBQLObjTbl in conjunction with the DBQLogTbl to show usernames, application IDs, IP Addresses, SQL, etc. that access a particular database.

Now, as for the ETL Job information, I don't know what it's going to be easy to figure out. Unless you set up something like query banding, ETL job information isn't passed to Teradata. It sounds like you're using DataStage for ETL. Depending on your version, the SET QUERY_BAND statement isn't supported so this isn't really an option. It's been a while since I've looked at Metadata Services, but the last time I used it, it only showed you data you explicitly loaded into it. So unless you can get the data out of DataStage (or any ETL tool), Metadata Services doesn't gain you much here.
Enthusiast

thanks for your help but how do i turn on DBQL Object Logging in designer ?

in system tables with the user DBC is there any poibility?
Enthusiast

You have to enable DBQL Object Logging in Teradata. Work with your DBAs to get that done.