installing .net data provider for teradata problems

Connectivity

installing .net data provider for teradata problems

Hi all,

I am trying to installing tdnetdp__windows_indep.12.00.00.01.exe in VISTA enterprise edition. There is no .net framework 2.0 or .net framework 3.0 on the machine, but there is .net framework 3.5 on the machine. The installation dialog hangs for a long time(without any "next button" or message) after process of Copying Files. There is no error message for this. So I can only close the installing dialog, then it shows me "failed to install".
Any suggestion? Must I install .net framework 2.0 or .net framework 3.0, in spite of .net framework 3.5 existing in the machine?
1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: installing .net data provider for teradata problems

Windows Vista ships with .NET Framework 3.0. Also .NET Framework 3.5 includes .NET Framework 3.0 and 2.0. Therefore there is no need to install .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0.

Did you select/enable the "Windows XP SP2" compatibility mode and "Run as Administrator" as described in the Installation notes?

Visual Studio 2005 Integration component takes a long time to install because it has to merge the Help File into Visual Studio Help File and must register the Visual Studio Integration package. Windows Vista will display a Compatibility dialog box for Visual Studio 2005 which you have to answer yes to. Look for this dialog box, it might be in the background.