modifying existing teradata entry in linux

Connectivity
Fan

modifying existing teradata entry in linux

hello friends,

we have linux 6.8 redhat with teradata 15.10 installed. we have existing teradata connection defined (somwhere- i don't know where exactly) and need to modify that existing entry. i was wonder where can i find existing teradata entry/connection string and how to modify it?

can someone please assist? Thank you.

3 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: modifying existing teradata entry in linux

Hi,

If you've got "we have linux 6.8 redhat with teradata 15.10 installed" I assume that you mean Teradata utilities (as opposed to the dbms).

What type of connection are you talking about? ODBC / JDBC / CLI? To answer that you may need to say which tool you're using.

For ODBC you might want find your 'odbc.ini' file - Google search for the location.

If this is a CLI connection then the is probably in the tool/script that you're running.

HTH

Dave

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion
www: http://www.ward-analytics.com
Highlighted
Fan

Thank you for your response DaveWellman.

This is about ODBC conneciton. users are using teradata sql assistance tool.

So users has entry like this,

xyz_name= (DESCRIPTION=(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=123.456.78.910)(PORT=whatever)))

we need to change "xyz_name" to lets say "xyz_name_02". thnak you.

Senior Apprentice

Hi,

Sorry but can we get some terminology sorted so that I understand you're environment? Then I can probably help you.

Exactly which software is running on 'redhat linux'? Unless you've got a Windows emulator installed then it is not 'Teradata sql assistant'. AFAIK that only runs on Windows.

If the software is running in Linux then it might well be Teradata Studio - but that uses a JDBC connection, not ODBC.

Cheers,

Dave

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion
www: http://www.ward-analytics.com