network bridge is not running on device vmnet0

Connectivity
Junior Supporter

network bridge is not running on device vmnet0

I'm getting an error msg.  network bridge is not running on device vmnet0 and hence I can't connect to Teradata.

using - td-express 15.10 , vmware 6.0.7 running as guest Linux OS on Windows 10.

I've not had any issues up until today, haven't started VMware for a while. I've ensured that the vmware bridge protocol is installed and checked in the ethernet adapter properties for - VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet1. I've also stopped and restarted the vmware NAT and DHCP services. Looked online and found a few solutions which were similar re: how to install the vmware bridge protocol  for the adapter. Rebooted my laptop and no luck.

I did notice on the td-express login window a couple of msgs. which I've not seen before.

One related to the eth0 connection time out and the second indicated the lease expired..

td-express dhcpcd(3212) eth0: lease expired 3402419 seconds ago  ----- ???

So, I'm stuck.  Any users seen / dealt with this issue  previously ? I need some advice as to how I proceed with this.

many thanks

Accepted Solutions
Junior Supporter

Re: network bridge is not running on device vmnet0

This issue has been solved. I searched for Windows 10 updates and found this KB. It corrected my VMware ethernet connection issue.

The update evidently made changes to Windows 10 -  V1703.

2017-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4022716)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1 REPLY
Junior Supporter

Re: network bridge is not running on device vmnet0

This issue has been solved. I searched for Windows 10 updates and found this KB. It corrected my VMware ethernet connection issue.

The update evidently made changes to Windows 10 -  V1703.

2017-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4022716)