problem with ODBC drivers SQL assistant not working

Connectivity
Enthusiast

problem with ODBC drivers SQL assistant not working

Dear friends, my connection not working, please help me.

Teradata SQL assistant version: 12

ODBC Controller:

Name: Teradata  | Version: 12.00.00.00 | organization: NCR Corporation, Daytin OH |file: TDATA32.DLL | date: 01-06-2007 (2007-06-01)

thank you,

7 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: problem with ODBC drivers SQL assistant not working

at configure moment in "Teradata SQL Assistant" said;

box tittle; "Logon failed"

message;

"ODBC IM014: La arquitectura del DSN especificado no coincide entre el controlador y la aplicación."

same message in english; The DSN specified architecture mismatch between the driver and the application.

please help me, thank you.

Teradata Employee

I am guessing that there is a mismatch between SQL-Assistant (32-bit) and the ODBC Driver (64-bit).

Did you install the 32-bit version of the ODBC Driver for Teradata? Also note that you must use the 32-bit ODBC Administrator to create/configure the DSN.

Enthusiast

Friend thank you for your message.

no, I not install  the 32-bit version of the ODBC Driver for Teradata, Please say me what is?

DSN: do you said this .exe into sysWOW?

is necessary: TeraJDBC__indep_indep.14.10.00.17??

best regards and thak you so much

Teradata Employee

There are two version of the ODBC driver on the download center:

http://downloads.teradata.com/download/connectivity/odbc-driver/windows

it is the file with "_i386" (vs. x8664).

Teradata Employee

TeraJDBC__indep_indep.14.10.00.17 is not necessary

In order for the ODBC connector to work correctly you need to have TDICU and the teradata GSS client package installed first.  It's important that you install TDICU, GSS, ODBC connector IN THAT SEQUENCE.  Then make sure that you set up your DSN in the 32 bit ODBC administrator, which can be found in C:\windows\SysWow64\odbcad32.exe

Hi,

I have installed Teradata 15 in my laptop and 64-bit ODBC driver and when I have connected to client network and trying lo login with my credentials (which are correct) I get a response Connection timed out Unable to get a response from teradata server.

I have created DSN  in a correct way .

Please help me out if I have missed anytihng during installations.

Thanks

AP

Hi Team,

Greetings...!!

We are using the SSAS as front end and Teradata as backend for reporting .. we are using the teradata drivers to connect the both .. 

Here , we are facing the issue with one of the report at one environment .. our Microsoft server issuing Count_Big which is not supprted for Teradata ..

Please help on this ...

Thanks ,

Mahesh