10065 WSA E HostUnreach: The Teradata Server can't currently be reached over this network

Database

10065 WSA E HostUnreach: The Teradata Server can't currently be reached over this network

Hi,

I am getting following error

NCR TDATA.DLL

One of my friend who is in same network is able to connect but myself and other friends who are in same network are getting the above error.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,
Manjesh
10 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: 10065 WSA E HostUnreach: The Teradata Server can't currently be reached over this network

Hi Manjesh,

Check whether the Teradata Services are running on your machine. if not start it by using the Windows services.

Hope it helps!
Stration
Enthusiast

Re: 10065 WSA E HostUnreach: The Teradata Server can't currently be reached over this network

I think your network may be behind firewall.
Normally all clients communicate thru 1025 port (lets wait for experts to comment on this).

Check if you can connect using this port.
Other issue may be entries in the host file.
Are you using any DNS server for IP resolution of nodes?

Vinay
Enthusiast

Hi Vinay,
How the use of DNS server for resolving the IP address can solve the problem ?

I am facing the similar kind of problem where my ASP.Net application uses which OLE Db provider for Teradata to connect to Teradata Server on unix box. During weekdays application works fine however during weekends it starts giving the error which says "Teradata Server not found."

At time it give the error messages [TCP/IP][WSock32 DLL] 10036 WSA E InProgress: Operation now in progress].

my connection string looks like this
Provider=TDOLEDB;User ID=test;Data Source=ProdServer;Password=test

In my host file ProdServer points to the IP address of the node.

Please assist.

Regards

Hi All,
Can you please leave the Mechanism & Default Database as blank while connecting to Teradata SQL Assistant.Hope this helps.

Thanks
Baps
Fan

Hello !

I am trying to use teradata sql assistant on my local machine. I have installed Teradata Express 13.0 for Windows on my laptop. Now while connecting to server it says :

0WSA E HostUnreach: The Teradata Server can't currently be reached over this network

How do i check whether teradata services are running or not or how do i start it ? Any other help ?

Cheers

Teradata TDATA.DLL

10061 WSA E ConnRefused: The Teradata Server is not accepting connections

Hello !

I am trying to use teradata sql assistant on my local machine. I have installed Teradata Express 13.0 for Windows on my laptop. Now while connecting to server it says :

0WSA E HostUnreach: The Teradata Server can't currently be reached over this network

Enthusiast

Can you please check with your network team if there is an ACL that needs to be opened between the server and your client machine on the port 1025. One easy way to check is to first do a telnet <<serverIP>> 1025 from your windows machine to the server. if this does not return anything or says that the server is not reachable then the ACL needs to be opened.

Please let me know,HOW TO get it know whether teradata service is running in system or not.