10065 WSA E HostUnreach:The Teradata server can't currently be reached over this network

Database
Enthusiast

10065 WSA E HostUnreach:The Teradata server can't currently be reached over this network

Hi
I am new to TD and I am having few queries in utilities to TD.
I was installed the teradata demo cd. It was installed without any problems.
I was started the database by using teradata service control.
After that i tried to connect sql assistant/ Teradata Administrator to login to the teradata database.
there will be already an ODBC dsn with name DemoTDAT which I use to connect to the db
it was saying the following error.

10065 WSA E HostUnreach:The Teradata server can't currently be reached over this network.

I tried the following existing methods to avoid the problems but there is no use.

1. Verified the host file. it was fine

127.0.0.1 localhost DemoTDATcop1

2. Stoped the firewall & Antiviruses . No use.

Can you please someone suggest the exact answer.
Can you please someone give the proper answer.

I would really appreciate your help .

Thanks & Regards

Peter
8 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: 10065 WSA E HostUnreach:The Teradata server can't currently be reached over this network

I have search the same question in the Forums.but I am not find the answer.
Enthusiast

Re: 10065 WSA E HostUnreach:The Teradata server can't currently be reached over this network

I connect from bteq

SHOW:

Teradata BTEQ 08.02.03.03 for WIN32.
Copyright 1984-2006, NCR Corporation. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Enter your logon or BTEQ command:
.logon DemoTDAT/dbc
.logon DemoTDAT/dbc
Password:
*** Warning: DBS CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET. RECOVERY IN PROGRESS>

please someone suggest the exact answer
Enthusiast

In windows services.

the Teradata Database Initiator (Recond) .I start the service.

but 5 mins later,the service stop by itself.

Enthusiast

Are you trying to install on a machine that is in the network or stand alone/laptop?
Enthusiast

I hope you have installed all the required components installed (like Bynet etc)

Check if you can see in your windows services, one entry for bynet, and three entries that starts with teradata ....

of these 4 entries, 3 of them except the teradata database initiator should be running (this one is normally in stopped state because it just starts up the db server and stops...).

next, go to the command prompt and type

net start recond.

wait for a couple of minutes.

type (You might have to do it from teradata command prompt accessible via program files, if this utility is not in the path)

pdestate -a

And check what it says...

Also look around in places like windows event viewer to see if something has goofed up !

And I hope you didn't install it on vista ! :(
Enthusiast

I think I made a mistake.
I install the teradata on a 64bit machine.
now I install the teradata on a 32bit machine.I can connect to DemoTDAT.

Thanks!!

I've installed the V2R6.1 TD DB server on my 32 bit widnow XP and experienced the same problem when connecting the DB via SQL Assistance.

"10065 WSA E HostUnreach:The Teradata server can't currently be reached over the netweok."

I've bynet and TTU component BTEQ, SQL Assistance. The bynet and teradata database initiator services are started with no error. And I found no application or system error in the event viewer. Does any have ideas? Please help. Thank you.

I've the same problem when connecting the DB via any Teradata Tool. I´ve

"10065 WSA E HostUnreach:The Teradata server can't currently be reached over the network."

I've installed the Teradata Express Edition on my Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, 32 bits.

Sorry, I'm new in Teradata ...