A table with non-latin characters in table name and column names doesn't display properly

Database

A table with non-latin characters in table name and column names doesn't display properly

Hi, I created a table with non-latin letters in both table name and its column names without any error. However, the table name and its column names are not displayed properly. They are all in random characters, not in the Chinese letters or Korean letters that I expect.

Here is the table creation DDL:

CREATE TABLE "Country_国家_국가_Страна"

(

ID integer,

"CONTINENT_大陆" varchar(255) CHARACTER SET UNICODE,

Country_Code real,

"Einzelhändlerland" varchar(255) CHARACTER SET UNICODE

);

In both BTEQ and Teradata Studio, the table name and column names are displayed as following:

CREATE SET TABLE "Country_国家_êµ­ê° _ð¡Ñ´Ñ ð°ð½ð°" ,FALLBACK ,

DUAL BEFORE JOURNAL,

DUAL AFTER JOURNAL,

WITH JOURNAL TABLE = ADS_QA1.journals ,

CHECKSUM = DEFAULT,

DEFAULT MERGEBLOCKRATIO

(

ID INTEGER,

"CONTINENT_åý§é™†" VARCHAR(255) CHARACTER SET UNICODE NOT CASESPECIFIC,

Country_Code FLOAT,

"EinzelhÃýndlerland" VARCHAR(255) CHARACTER SET UNICODE NOT CASESPECIFIC)

PRIMARY INDEX ( ID );

What command can I use to display them properly? Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: A table with non-latin characters in table name and column names doesn't display properly

What is your session character set? Both the CREATE and the SHOW need to use something other than ASCII, e.g. UTF8, UTF16, or one of the optional special character sets.

Re: A table with non-latin characters in table name and column names doesn't display properly

Actually I don't know the character set. I can't get it from the command. Following is the result when I used the command to get the default character set type:

BTEQ -- Enter your SQL request or BTEQ command: 

.set session charset;

.set session charset;

*** Error: Character Set Name or Code not provided.

BTEQ -- Enter your SQL request or BTEQ command: 

I am using Teradata R15.10.0.7. What's the correct command to get the default character set type. Thanks.

Teradata Employee

help session;