Access rights to see UDF source code in SHOW FUNCTION

Database
Enthusiast

Access rights to see UDF source code in SHOW FUNCTION

Hi,

I can retrieve the C source code of UDFs by using SHOW FUNCTION (in SQL Assistant as well as in BTEQ).

But this only works for UDFs that I have created myself. For UDFs created by others, I only get back the REPLACE FUNCTION statement, but no source code.

I guess that it is a matter of access rights whether I see the source code or not. So can anyone please tell me what access right I need to be granted in order to be able to see the source code of UDFs (or external procedures as well)?

Thanks a lot!

Matthias

2 REPLIES
Junior Contributor

Re: Access rights to see UDF source code in SHOW FUNCTION

Hi Matthias,

are you trying to SHOW some of the built-in functions like oREPLACE?

They never show source code as they're not complied on the system, they're supplied in a pre-compiled library.

Dieter

Enthusiast

Re: Access rights to see UDF source code in SHOW FUNCTION

Hi Dieter,

thanks for your answer!

No, I need it for dumping the complete DDL of a database. The purpose is to rebuild (or 'clone') all the objects in another database after modifying all the database qualifiers.

No problem for all usual objects. My script interprets the SHOW <object type> output, and in case of external functions or procedures it splits up the output into a .sql an a .c file automatically.

The problem is that for dumping user defined functions using SHOW FUNCTION, to see the source code I seem to need a special acces right if someone else owns that function.

Thanks for your help!

Matthias