Appliance Backup Utility jobs fail with "FATAL: Invalid mount point /var/abu_storage"

Database

Appliance Backup Utility jobs fail with "FATAL: Invalid mount point /var/abu_storage"

For ABU storage we have a NFS-mounted filesystem in read/write mode on a NetApp storage device. The mount point is /var/abu_storage as required. I created a directory called Backup on this filesystem to use as the repository for the backup files. All (6) clients are pointing to /var/abu_storage/Backup. I can "touch" files in this directory, so I know permissions are correct. When I attempt to run a job, it fails with return code 100. The *.out log file in /home/abuservice indicates a FATAL error stating that /var/abu_storage/Backup is an invalid mount point. Any suggestions as to what may be wrong?
Tags (1)
1 REPLY

Re: Appliance Backup Utility jobs fail with "FATAL: Invalid mount point /var/abu_storage"

I had already obtained the ABU Installation/User Guide and had implemented the items suggested in the knowledge articles KAP1B4682 and KAP1B48EA prior to opening a T@YS incident. The runarc.bat files on the server and client nodes were not recognizing the /var/abu_storage directory path, even though the grep statements extracted from the runarc.bat file returned that exact directory path when executed separately at the OS level. The workaround for our environment was to arbitrarily set the value of HAVESTG=1 in line 16 of each runarc.bat file. This violated the intent of the runtime test for the directory path, but it enabled us to proceed.