BAR Operations Alerts

Database
Enthusiast

BAR Operations Alerts

I would like to generate SNMP traps from status codes returned from the BAR Operations portlet among others that are already treated on Viewpoint.

Right now I see no way to propagate the job status COMPLETED_ERRORS and others that should be sent to a system admin to take any actions.

I thought on capturing alerts at the Symantec NetBackup OpsCenter level, but every BAR operation job seems to be split in several smaller jobs under NetBackup OpsCenter and they do not report any error. It does not seems a viable option.

Also, we thought on capturing DSC utility return codes when a specific job is run (commands run_job or job_status), but this seems a very hard-coded approach just to check if a backup job was run sucessfully.

Is there a better approach to this issue? 

Accepted Solutions
Junior Supporter

Re: BAR Operations Alerts

What version of DSA are you using?

You can get alerts for jobs completed with errors from Viewpoint.
I believe it was DSA 15.11 where alerting feature was introduced.
Go to BAR Setup > select DSC server > Alerts > Job Status ; here you can set your alerts.
One thing to note is that you will have to follow some naming convention for your backup and restore jobs as 'Job Name' is part of Alert rule.

Abhishek Jadhav
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES
Junior Supporter

What version of DSA are you using?

You can get alerts for jobs completed with errors from Viewpoint.
I believe it was DSA 15.11 where alerting feature was introduced.
Go to BAR Setup > select DSC server > Alerts > Job Status ; here you can set your alerts.
One thing to note is that you will have to follow some naming convention for your backup and restore jobs as 'Job Name' is part of Alert rule.

Abhishek Jadhav
Enthusiast

The upgrade is the way to go, we have DSA 15.10 here. Thanks!