Backup and restore report

Database

Backup and restore report

Hello all,

I have a question on backup and restore. basically, i want to generate a report on daily basis to know what all backup on my system ran and were they successful or not ? 

From dbc.events, i can get what all backup jobs have run. But, how do i know if they failed or succeeded ? I dont see any column in dbc.events that tells this. also, i tried to find a column in dbc.events that can be used to join to dbc.qrylog ( or pdcrdata.dbqlogtbl_hst) to get the return code, but i cant find any cuch column. Can someone guide me here.  

Thanks !
4 REPLIES

Re: Backup and restore report

I hope you can get from Unity ecosystem manager, for DSA ? Is not so? or how about a script?

Hi Raja,

No, we dont have a Unity ecosystem manager, by the way what is this tool/utility ? A script is also fine. Could you please share if you have one. I have tried to pull this data from dbc.events, but i do have some questions as i mentioned above. Or is there any table/query to get this ?

Unity ecosystem manager is a multi-teradata system monitoring or alerting tool for UDA, including hadoop, aster.... Jobs , servers,tables, applications can be monitored.....like many other monitoring tools.

We dont have this tool here. can we not get this information through some query ?