Blocking collection and viewpoint

Database
Enthusiast

Blocking collection and viewpoint

Where can I find blocking information in the database?  I noticed that in Viewpoint 13.11, blocks are displayed during re-wind.  Where is the data retained that provides that information?  It is my understanding that the locking logger has to be turned on every day.  That's not a good option. 

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Blocking collection and viewpoint

Blocking information should be tracked in DBQL. Viewpoint's ability to show blocks in the past is based on the Viewpoint Data Collection Service (DCS). Viewpoint pulls session data from a Teradata system based on the Session collector rate and Teradata session sample rate. It does this pull by calling the PMAPI and then stores this information in the Viewpoint repository. So when you are using Rewind, you are not pulling this information from Teradata, but from the Viewpoint data repository. Locking Logger is only needed by the Lock Viewer portlet, not for sessions collection. 

Enthusiast

Thanks!  Do you know what table(s) the blocking information is stored in?

Teradata Employee

Again, I would refer to DBQL for that information. 

Teradata Employee

Oops. It appears that blocking information may not be available in DBQL. My bad. It is available from the PM/API call but apparently no history in DBQL for that. Sorry for the confusion.