CURRENT PERM AND PEAK PERM IN DBC.TABLESIZE

Database
Enthusiast

CURRENT PERM AND PEAK PERM IN DBC.TABLESIZE

Hi

When i use a proper index in the user defined table, i see values in the same range in CURRENT PERM column where as PEAK PERM is 0 for all vProc in TABLESIZE as shown in the below query. On the other hand when i use improper index i see non-zero values in all the rows of PEAK PERM column.

What is the fundamental behind this? Why the PEAK perm in 0 when we use proper index values and Non-Zero when we use improper index. By my understanding PEAK PERM is the maximum space occupied by a vPROC. Please help me in inderstanding this.

SELECT DatabaseName,
TABLENAME ,
Vproc ,
CurrentPerm ,
PeakPerm
FROM DBC.TableSize
WHERE
DatabaseName= 'DBNAME' AND
TABLENAME='TABLENAME'
ORDER BY Vproc

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: CURRENT PERM AND PEAK PERM IN DBC.TABLESIZE

PeakPerm is usually reset to zero in a daily/weekly batch, only when the CurrentPerm increases the PeakPerm is also set. So there were no Inserts in the first table after the last reset.

Teradata Employee

There is an other strange thing in my case table has Zero rows it shows current perm but Peakperm is zero... any idea what happening here
Teradata Employee

As Dieter said, PeakPerm has been reset to zero. But for an empty table, CurrentPerm reflects the space occupied by the table headers.

Teradata Employee

@ Fred; strange thing is that it show current perm 44GB , I don't believe this is header size.
Junior Supporter

Check if this table has online archive logging turned ON.
If it has,then turn it off.
check DBC.ArchiveLoggingObjsV

Abhishek Jadhav