Calling Dnoeth your expert opinion is requried and a easy question. Please respond.

Database
Enthusiast

Calling Dnoeth your expert opinion is requried and a easy question. Please respond.

Dieter

We have a simple question that but our user will only accept your reponse as being correct.  The question is, is an profile's spool divided accross the total number of AMPS on a system or simply the number of amps being used in the query?  Example if a profile has 100 gigs of spool on a 100 amp system: 100 / 100 = 1 GB per amp.  Is this a setting that can be changed?  Three TD masters have already given an answer but the user will only accept your word on the matter.

Thanks in advance

The Gnome

6 REPLIES
Junior Contributor

Re: Calling Dnoeth your expert opinion is requried and a easy question. Please respond.

You hopefully got the same answer three times:

Spool/Temp/Perm space is always divided by the number of AMPs in the system.

That's why you might need to assign a huge spool due to skewed processing.

Have a look at dbc.DiskSpaceV and you'll spot exactly the same Maxspool/VProc for a user.

Enthusiast

Re: Calling Dnoeth your expert opinion is requried and a easy question. Please respond.

Thank you sir

Enthusiast

Next question from the user is it possible to set up customizable setting for spool per amp at the run time?

I suspect I know what the answer is.

Again

Thanks in advance

The Gnome

Junior Contributor

Spool/Temp/Perm space is always divided by the number of AMPs in the system

Well, the meaning of always implies no exception :)

Enthusiast

I have installed Teradata studio express in my local machine(windows 10). Before that i have installed JRE too. While creating new database connection i am getting that testServer host not found. 

Can you please suggest me how to reslove this error. and one more note that its not running on VMware so it is necessary? 

Pass the correct TDP ID and the connection should get going.