Calling Dnoeth your expert opinion is requried and a easy question. Please respond.

Database
Enthusiast

Calling Dnoeth your expert opinion is requried and a easy question. Please respond.

Dieter

We have a simple question that but our user will only accept your reponse as being correct.  The question is, is an profile's spool divided accross the total number of AMPS on a system or simply the number of amps being used in the query?  Example if a profile has 100 gigs of spool on a 100 amp system: 100 / 100 = 1 GB per amp.  Is this a setting that can be changed?  Three TD masters have already given an answer but the user will only accept your word on the matter.

Thanks in advance

The Gnome

5 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: Calling Dnoeth your expert opinion is requried and a easy question. Please respond.

You hopefully got the same answer three times:

Spool/Temp/Perm space is always divided by the number of AMPs in the system.

That's why you might need to assign a huge spool due to skewed processing.

Have a look at dbc.DiskSpaceV and you'll spot exactly the same Maxspool/VProc for a user.

Enthusiast

Re: Calling Dnoeth your expert opinion is requried and a easy question. Please respond.

Thank you sir

Enthusiast

Next question from the user is it possible to set up customizable setting for spool per amp at the run time?

I suspect I know what the answer is.

Again

Thanks in advance

The Gnome

Senior Apprentice

Spool/Temp/Perm space is always divided by the number of AMPs in the system

Well, the meaning of always implies no exception :)

Enthusiast

I have installed Teradata studio express in my local machine(windows 10). Before that i have installed JRE too. While creating new database connection i am getting that testServer host not found. 

Can you please suggest me how to reslove this error. and one more note that its not running on VMware so it is necessary?