Can I insert/delete data on Teradara database installed on x86 from AMD64 machine?

Database
Enthusiast

Can I insert/delete data on Teradara database installed on x86 from AMD64 machine?

Hi everyone,

I installed VSTS on a AMD64 machine, install Teradata OLEDB provider on this machine. And try to insert data to a Teradata database which installed on a x86 machine. Got the error below:

[highlight=#ffff11]The 'TDOLEDB.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.[/highlight]

I know the Teradata OLEDB provider doesn't support x64 platform. and .Net provider should work. But seems that I just need to registered some dll and then it should work on this AMD64 machine, right? If so, who can tell which dll I should register and how to register?
1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: Can I insert/delete data on Teradara database installed on x86 from AMD64 machine?

VSTS? is this Visual Studio Team System?

Are you simply using Visual Studio IDE and Server Explorer?
If not, is VSTS a 32-bit or 64-bit process? OLE DB Provider for Teradata is 32-bit; it cannot load into a 64-bit process.

TDOLEDB.dll is in "program files\NCR\Teradata Client\OLE DB Provider for Teradata" directory.

You can use RowsetViewer.exe to test. Visual Studio ships with two version (32-bit and 64-bit) in

"Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Bin\wind64\AMD64"
and
"Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\Bin"