Cancel online transaction recovery after break big delete operation

Database
Fan

Cancel online transaction recovery after break big delete operation

I'm looking for any issues for canceling online transaction recovery when TPA starts.
I cannot drop, truncate or restore table because is locked by transaction recovery. The table is with no fallback option. Is any chance to start TPA without transaction recovery ? From my estimation recovery for this table will be take about 10 days.

Please send me any suggestion or tell me phone number for calling.

Tomasz Fadrowski.
Poland.
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Cancel online transaction recovery after break big delete operation

You can use the CANCEL ROLLBACK ON TABLE command of the Recovery Manager utility. I believe this is available in 5.1 and later releases. If you use this command, the table is marked unusable, and the only operations that will be permitted are drop table or restore (from an archive).
Fan

Thank You so much for Your answer, but
unfortunatenly, my version is 2 release 4 (FOUR) ! It's any posibility to break transaction recovery in this one.
What about DB startup parameters, TPA boot mode or any ...

Tomasz Fadrowski.
Senior Apprentice

Before V2R5.1 the only way to cancel a rollback is to call NCR Support.

Dieter
Enthusiast

And then even then it is a IFFY proposition. you might try a

COLDWAIT RESTART

vprocmanager
set restartkind = coldwait
quit

tpareset "to do a cold wait"

what this does is allow the system to complete the recovery without having to worry about transactions going on since it prevents people from logging on until the Rollback is complete. Typically this is faster than ONLINE recovery because the rollback has the system to itself until it complete.

However depending on the size of the rollback this could take your WHOLE SYSTEM offline for a long time.

Again these are options you should be discussing with the GSC before you try them.