Configuring a Teradata Relational Database Connection for informatica(Informatica Workflow Monitor)

Database
Enthusiast

Configuring a Teradata Relational Database Connection for informatica(Informatica Workflow Monitor)

Hi Experts,

I am trying to extract data from Teradata and load into Oracle using Informatica. I am facing problem in Configuring a Teradata Relational Database Connection for Informatica (Informatica Workflow Monitor)...

I am using Teradata demo version (Retail data base)

I need following information (?) in Configuring a Teradata Relational Database Connection for Informatica

Name: Retail_TD
Type: Teradata
User: Name: retail
Password: retail
Connection String:?
Code Page: ?

Attributes:

Database name:?
Data Source name: ?
Environment SQL: ?
(Please find the attachment of screen shot)

Informatica error message: READER_1_1_1_1> RR_4036 Error connecting to database [ [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Database driver error... Function Name : Connect Database driver error... Function Name : Connect Database Error: Failed to connect to database using user [retail] and connection string [dbc].].

Please help me ASAP

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Configuring a Teradata Relational Database Connection for informatica(Informatica Workflow Monitor)

Mahesh,
I am not sure if you got answer for your question or not.
try this.
First on the informatica server create an ODBC connection to your Teradata database.
assume you gave the name as Retail_Prod

then on your client machine when you define the relational database connection
Name: Retail_TD
Type: Teradata
User: Name: retail
Password: retail
Connection String:[LEAVE this BLANK]
Code Page: MS windows Latin 1....... (this is the default)

Attributes:

Database name:This is the database it should connect to suppose your table is in Prodtables database then
Database name: Prodtables
Data Source name: This is the name of the connection that you created on the server Retail_prod
Environment SQL: [leave this blank]

Try this and let me know if it does not work. check the attachement that I provided, fig 1 is the connection on the informatica server and fig 2 is the relational connection on client.

Enthusiast

Re: Configuring a Teradata Relational Database Connection for informatica(Informatica Workflow Monitor)

Hi ,

I am having the similar issue.

Severity: ERROR

Timestamp: 9/9/2015 8:21:53 PM

Node: Node_ITSUSRAINFAQ76

Thread: READER_1_1_1

Process ID: 12916

Message Code: RR_4036

[Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid. [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver] Unable to logon with Authentication Mechanism selected.

Database driver error...

Function Name : Connect

Database driver error...

Function Name : Connect

Database Error: Failed to connect to database using user [Teradata username] and connection string [Teradata].