Connection problem with TD14

Database
Enthusiast

Connection problem with TD14

Hi,

I installed TD14 Express VMware on my WINDOWS 8 64 bit laptop and was able to connect to TD14 DB using Teradata Studio.  But, could not connect to the DB from a tool called "Nexus Chameoleon" using ODBC.  The tool is similar to TD Sql Asst. with more features.  Used the same Teradata Studio connection properties - hostname/uid/pwd.  When I tried to connect, it throws the below message.

"ERROR [08004] [WSock32 DLL] 10061 WSA E ConnRefused: The Teradata server is not accepting connections."

Any help to fix the problem will be appreciated.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES
Supporter

Re: Connection problem with TD14

Did you try to logon with Nexus Chameoleon from the same machine as with Teradata Studio?

Is ODBC installed? Teradata Studio uses JDBC

Enthusiast

Ulrich,

Nexus Chameoleon, Teradata Studio and Express are on my personal laptop.  Nexus is on the desktop and the other two software are on VMWARE.

Installed ODBC 64 bit driver and supplied the same Studio ODBC properties(IP/uid/pwd).

Any solution you can thnk of?

I can share you screen shots if you are ok.

Thanks.

Supporter

They are all on the same machine but quite different - the VM looks like a different computer to your laptop and therefore you need to enable that the VM can be reached from you laptop...

Did you share the network with the VM? Was it bridged network for the VM?

Check the forum on this. I am traveling and have no time right now...

Enthusiast

I guessed something like should be done.  Played with sevaral settings and still not connected.

How to share/bridge them?

I will check the forum as well.

Fan

Hi

i am very new to the teradata, actuall i need to install teradata 14.10 32bit database client software in solaris x86 os machine, so please provide the steps for installation.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Reddi. N

Enthusiast

Ulrich,

I enabled the bridge option on the main menu.

To share the network, what properties/values should be supplied to Network card setup -> address tab.  I see dynamic and static properties.  which one should be selected.  Someone in the forum suggested to use static.  If it is static, what ip address/mask/host ip address should be supplied?

thanks