Create Table Failed [3076] Problem between the ")" and the AS.

Database
Enthusiast

Create Table Failed [3076] Problem between the ")" and the AS.

Posting text removed based on formal request from Owner of the associated Intelectual Property.

9 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Create Table Failed [3076] Problem between the ")" and the AS.

I think there are some no matching parenthesis, try this:

Posting text removed based on formal request from Owner of the associated Intelectual Property.

Khurram
Enthusiast

I made the changes and executed the code.  This time a new error message came up [3669] more than one value was returned by a subquery. I am not sure what this error means.

Enthusiast

Ok, This error means that your subquery is reutrning more than one row, while you are using it in condition that expects single value. So you have to either rewrite the subquery, or change the approach you are using. 

Can you please paste the outer condition against which you are executing the subquery?

Khurram
Enthusiast

Enthusiast

You are using the subqury to make a field, but it is returning mutiple rows that is not allowed. You must either restrict the subquery to return a single row, OR you can move this subquery to a derived table and then user join to get this calculated fied from derived table. 

Khurram
Enthusiast

I know a derived table has to do with placing the subquery in the outside FROM clause, correct?  However, I am not sure how this is to be setup.  I moved the select statement under the outside from clause.  Could you show me how this works? 

Enthusiast

Khurram
Enthusiast

Thank you very much Mr. Khurram!  The changes you made worked great!

v/r,

j1eggert

Junior Contributor