DBA work template

Database

DBA work template

Hi,

Can anyone please pass on a template to determine these requirements:

1) The ways to set up to prioritize the queries and if there is any way to see the peak time of jobs.
2) What is the number of concurrent users to the database?
3) To know the amount of data a table and database can handle

Thanks and regards,
Raja
2 REPLIES

Re: DBA work template

1) The ways to set up to prioritize the queries and if there is any way to see the peak time of jobs.
You can priortize your queries using Priority scheduler. There are different approaches for this and mostly depends on your requirement and database configuration. You can see the Peak spool usage to find out the Peak time of jobs. But I think this might not be a very effective method.

2) What is the number of concurrent users to the database?
This can be monitored using PMON in Teradata Manager. Also you can generate reports for different time windows depending on how much data you are logging in.

3) To know the amount of data a table and database can handle
You can generate the Perm space allocated to the database as a report. But keep in mind that if you have 10GB space allocated and you have 10 AMPs then each AMP has a 1GB space limit. I don't think the tables are having space limitations. They will run out of space only if the database doesn't have enough space.

Re: DBA work template

Hi,

Can you please provide a template or existing scripts..if any ..I dont want to work on the GUI.

Raja