DBQL SQLTextInfo 3577: row size or sort key size overflow

Database
Enthusiast

DBQL SQLTextInfo 3577: row size or sort key size overflow

I am getting a 3577: row size or sort key size overflow when attempting to query dbqlsqltbl.sqltextinfo in sqla (yes it is a large query).  Does anyone have any workarounds.

Thanks,

Joe

19 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: DBQL SQLTextInfo 3577: row size or sort key size overflow

Which version of Teradata are you on?

I faced a smiliar kind of issue some time ago on I guess V2R6, as the size of column definition that was selected was expected to grow beyond 65K row limit and thus the TD was aborting the error.

I couldn't find any specific solution at that time other than breaking up the SQL in multiple sets!

Junior Contributor

Hi Joe,

how do you access that column? Only in the Select list?

It's defined as a UNICODE VARCHAR(32000), which is already close to the maximum eowsize of approx. 64K.

Dieter

Enthusiast

Hi Dieter,

I am facing a similar issue. I have 2 tables A and B and they each have 60 columns each. When I run the below statement in Teradata Studio, I get the error 3577: row size or sort key size overflow, however when I run the same in SQL Assistant, it runs fine. Could you let me know, why Teradata Studio throws error?

Below is the query

SELECT a.*,b.*

FROM db_1.ABC a,

db_1.DEF b

WHERE a.A1 = b.A1;

Thanks

Roopalini

Junior Contributor

Hi Roopalini,

it's probably because Studio uses a UNICODE charset, too.

Check the definition of the tables if they include some large VarChars in LATIN.

Dieter

Enthusiast

Thanks Dieter!! After changing the CHARSET to ASCII from UTF8, I was able to run the SQL.  

Fan

In layman’s term, if you are using “Select *”, you are displaying every column in every table you are joining.  This message is saying I have reached my limit of columns to display.  What I did is start getting specific to which columns I want to display.  As I am joining new tables and want to see every column in the new table I just joined I do the following:

Example:

select

uacc.acc_num,

oacc.cm_log_owner_id,

ccomp.name,

ores.result_date,

ores.ord_value,

pat.pat_mrn_id,

pat.pat_name,

ztype.name as ENC_TYPE,

cser.prov_name as AUTHORIZING_PROVIDER,

ibm.*

Hope this helps.

Etmack

Hi. Can you please help me with the following query?

select oreplace(leapra.imp_impo/100 (format 'Z(7)9.99') (char(11)),'.',',') imp_impo,

oreplace(leapra.imp_fin/100 (format 'Z(7)9.99') (char(11)),'.',',') imp_fin,

oreplace(leapra.imp_risc/100 (format 'Z(7)9.99') (char(11)),'.',',') riscatto,

oreplace(leapra.imp_sir/100 (format 'Z(7)9.99') (char(11)),'.',',') spe_inc_rate,

oreplace(leapra.imp_cano/100 (format 'Z(7)9.99') (char(11)),'.',',') canone from DB_FND_VIEW_TRS_PRD.dwm_an_leapra leapra;

this returns err 3577

if i omit one instruction row, it works well...

TY

Luca

Junior Contributor

Hi Luca,

you need to CAST the result of the oReplace to a shorter VarChar, in TD14 it's VARCHAR(8000) UNICODE.

Or you use TO_CHAR to switch comma and period:

TO_CHAR(x, '9999D99','NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS = '',.''') 

Ty so much, Dieter!

Luca