DROP USER "username" got failed due to Cannot DROP a user or database that has DBQL enabled.

Database
Enthusiast

DROP USER "username" got failed due to Cannot DROP a user or database that has DBQL enabled.

Hi,

When I Dropping an user, my SQL is getting failed with the following error.

"DROP USER "Username" got failed due to Cannot DROP a user or database that has DBQL enabled. "

Please help me in this.

Thanks,

Jhansi Y B

4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: DROP USER "username" got failed due to Cannot DROP a user or database that has DBQL enabled.

Hi Jhansi,

You cannot drop a user that has DBQL logging enabled. First disable logging for that user.First Submit END QUERY LOGGING for the all DBQL rules for the user, as shown by SEL * FROM DBC.DBQLRULES. Then resubmit the DROP USER request.

Hope this helps!

- Sakthi

Enthusiast

Re: DROP USER "username" got failed due to Cannot DROP a user or database that has DBQL enabled.

Hello Sakthi,

I tried to execute 

END QUERY LOGGING  

sql , it is throwing syntax error.

Please let me know how can we disable logging for a particular user.

Thanks,

Jhansi 

Enthusiast

You should specify the username as below:

END QUERY LOGGING on <UserName>

Ref: http://www.info.teradata.com/HTMLPubs/DB_TTU_14_10/index.html#page/SQL_Reference/B035_1144_112A/End_...

- Sakthi

Enthusiast

Ya executed.

Thanks ........