Data Dictionary

Database
Enthusiast

Data Dictionary

Is there any table/view in the data dictionary that we can query to find out if a table is a multiset table, a set table, a global temp table, etc.?
8 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: Data Dictionary

Etc. is probably included in dbc.tables :-)
But Set/Multiset and temp table info isn't, so you have to query dbc.tvm directly:

If it's a table (TableKind = 'T') -> CheckOpt = 'Y' Multiset else Set

If CommitOpt in ('D', 'P') then it's a Global Temp Table

Dieter

Will u pls tell me the meaning of NULL in the column CHECKOPT of table TVM
Senior Apprentice

CheckOpt stores totally different infomation (of course this is bad practice, but i didn't implement it):
If it's a table then set/multiset, if it's a view then it indicates if "WITH CHECK OPTION" was included in the view's source.

It's NULL if that object is neither table nor view.

Dieter
Enthusiast

Thank you very much for the response.

Is there also a column in dbc.tvm that indicates whether or not the table has a partitioned primary index defined?
Enthusiast

Never mind on this one. I found the information I need and the column is in dbc.indices.

Hi,
i did a query: sel * from dbc.indices
and found out that the Index Type for some tables was 'Q' and 'K' other than the usual types 'P' & 'S' .what could these possibly mean can anyone tell me please?

Hi,
i did a query: sel * from dbc.indices
and found out that the Index Type for some tables was 'Q' and 'K' other than the usual types 'P' & 'S' .what could these possibly mean can anyone tell me please?
Senior Apprentice

There's a whole manual dealing with those systemtable-columns: Data Dictionay Manual

Q -> PPI
K -> PK within Create Table implemented as UPI

Dieter