Defining two derived tables using WITH clause ??

Database
Enthusiast

Re: Defining two derived tables using WITH clause ??

Thanks Dieter.

Hi All, When I add a subquery in the with recursive, I get 'illegal use of subquery in recursive " error: in below query :WITH RECURSIVE BOM_TABLE (BU_ID,SKU_NBR,MOD_NBR,PART_NBR,LVL) AS ( select distinct pidn.bu_id, pidn.sku_num_val as SKU_NBR, pidn.cmpnt_itm_num_val as mod_nbr, pidn.cmpnt_itm_num_val as part_nbr, 0 AS LVL from (select unique cmpnt_itm_num_val, bu_id, sku_num_val from itm_pkg.part_itm_dim_new) pidn inner join itm_base.COMB_PROD_SNP_ITM_HIER sku on (sku.comb_hier_snp_itm_cd = pidn.sku_num_val and sku.snp_lob_lvl_1 = 'SOFTWARE' and sku.is_snp_flg = 'Y') union all --## BOM down to find mod/part for given SKU SELECT BOM.BU_ID, BOM.SKU_NBR, BOM.MOD_NBR, pidn.cmpnt_itm_num_val, BOM.LVL+1 AS NEWDEPTH FROM BOM_TABLE BOM JOIN (select distinct cmpnt_itm_num_val,sku_num_val,bu_id from itm_pkg.part_itm_dim_new pidn) A on bom.part_nbr = A.sku_num_val and bom.bu_id = A.bu_id where NEWDEPTH <= 25 ) --## Get final BOM resultset SELECT unique BOM.BU_ID, BOM.SKU_NBR , BOM.MOD_NBR, BOM.PART_NBR , 's_m_SFTWR_PART_SKU_MAP', current_TIMESTAMP(6), CAST( SUBSTR( CAST(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AS CHAR(19)),1,10) AS DECIMAL(18)) ||'00',81 FROM BOM_TABLE BOM where sku_nbr <> part_nbr
Apprentice

Hi,

I don't know if this is the whole problem, but your derived table query contains "select unique", I think that should be "select distinct"

Cheers,

Dave

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion
www: http://www.ward-analytics.com
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Teradata actually still accepts SELECT UNIQUE  as a synonym of SELECT DISTINCT, though that usage of UNIQUE is deprecated.

The problem I see is that after the UNION ALL, your SELECT refers to pidn.cmpnt_itm_num_val where it appears you should use A.cmpnt_itm_num_val instead.

Thanks for the reply.

I can see the below part of query is having problem, as when I keep that part in a temp table and join , It works:

JOIN 
 (select distinct cmpnt_itm_num_val,sku_num_val,bu_id
  from
  itm_pkg.part_itm_dim_new pidn).

I am unable to put that subquery in join.

Any suggestions how to fix it?

Thanks

Shraddha

Teradata Employee

Specify the alias for the subquery result. (Currently, it's only defined within the scope of the subquery.)

JOIN 
 (select distinct cmpnt_itm_num_val,sku_num_val,bu_id
  from
  itm_pkg.part_itm_dim_new) pidn