Download Teradata JDBC Driver version 12.0.0.106

Database
N/A

Download Teradata JDBC Driver version 12.0.0.106

Hi Gurus, I am looking for Teradata JDBC Driver version 12.0.0.106 or anything v12. I see only V13 and above on download website. Could you please help? This version is required for one of the specific oracle product i am using. Thanks,
7 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Download Teradata JDBC Driver version 12.0.0.106

Teradata JDBC Driver 12.0.0.106 was built February 2009. That's very old -- six years old. Teradata JDBC Driver 12.0 is no longer supported.

So the question is: Why do you need such an old version of the Teradata JDBC Driver?

It would be much better to use the current version available here on Developer Exchange.

http://downloads.teradata.com/download/connectivity/jdbc-driver

N/A

I am trying to teradata using Oracle Essbase Studio 11.1.2.3. This product needs v12 Teradata JDBC drivers to work. If v13 then, DBA need to run below command for this product to work with Teradata. GRANT SELECT ON DBC.UDTInfo to PUBLIC; I am following up with DBA to run this on dev server but thought of installing V12 drivers to check if it works.

Reference from Oracle below:

Issue : Essbase Studio Doesn't Import Teradata Tables Yet Can Connect to Teradata RDBMS via SQL (Doc ID 1944204.1)

Solution

Studio only uses JDBC drivers when adding the data source in the server console. ODBC only comes in play for dimbuilds and data loads. If the customer can see the Teradata source but the columns don't import in Essbase Studio, then this is a Teradata issue as this affects Teradata users using Teradata driver v13 and above. The Teradata driver v13 has a changed behavior in an area that affects Essbase Studio.

In order for Studio to work against Teradata databases version 13 and above, an additional step needs to be taken on the Teradata database. This is to grant SELECT privileges on the DBC.UDTInfo table. This can be done as follows.

GRANT SELECT ON DBC.UDTInfo to PUBLIC;

This is necessary if running with Teradata JDBC drivers 13 and above. It is not an issue with Teradata 12 and below.

Teradata Employee

As I said before, Teradata JDBC Driver 12.0 is no longer supported. You would need to upgrade to a newer version if you encounter a problem while using an old version of the Teradata JDBC Driver.

We recommend that you use a supported version of the Teradata JDBC Driver, and we recommend that your Database Administrator grant the access needed by the Teradata JDBC Driver's DatabaseMetaData methods. The complete list of necessary grants is documented in the Teradata JDBC Driver User Guide.

http://developer.teradata.com/doc/connectivity/jdbc/reference/current/jdbcug_chapter_2.html#BGBDBEG1

We also recommend that your Database Administrator collect statistics on the Data Dictionary, in order to ensure adequate performance. The recommended list of collect statistics commands is documented in the Teradata JDBC Driver User Guide.

http://developer.teradata.com/doc/connectivity/jdbc/reference/current/jdbcug_chapter_5.html#CHDGGHEA

N/A

Thanks! Appreciate your response. I will followup with my DBA to do the same. Thanks again for your time.

N/A

Hi..My Teradata DBA is reluctant to give grant on public so he granted access to my id for DBC.UDTInfo table. I can query table via SQL assitant so no access issue. does it matter if TDBA assigned access to PUBLIC vs my ID. Should it matter. I am using my id only to connect to Teradata from Oracle Essbase Studio 11.1.2.3. Having issue, cant see coulums of TD tables/views in this tool. Thanks.

Teradata Employee

>>> My Teradata DBA is reluctant to give grant on public so he granted access to my id for DBC.UDTInfo table.

I don't understand why your DBA would have an issue with doing that.

The list of necessary grants is documented in the Teradata JDBC Driver User Guide.

http://developer.teradata.com/doc/connectivity/jdbc/reference/current/jdbcug_chapter_2.html#BGBDBEG1

>>> does it matter if TDBA assigned access to PUBLIC vs my ID. Should it matter.

In theory, that should work fine. However, we have not tested that configuration, and that is not the recommended way to enable access to DBC.UDTInfo for the Teradata JDBC Driver.

N/A

My TDBA monitored whie i was running query and he found out that query was spooling out behind the scene though tool was not showing that. He did his magic and it started working. Thanks much for your hep!