Error 3523: Error calling stored procedure from stored procedure

Database
Enthusiast

Error 3523: Error calling stored procedure from stored procedure

We have a stored procedure which will look at a table and collect statistics on different columns and indexes based on types etc.  We use this inside of other stored procedures after loading staging tables.

For some reason I keep getting the following error:

CALL Failed.  [3523]:An owner referenced by user does not have EXECUTE PROCEDURE access to SampleDB.SP_COLLECT_STATISTICS.

I am a member of a Profile which has Execute, Alter, Drop, Create Procedure rights to the parent which is the 'SampleDB' database in this case.

The SP_COLLECT_STATISTICS uses SQL SECURITY CREATOR.  We've also tried with SQL SECURITY INVOKER.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Error 3523: Error calling stored procedure from stored procedure

Is there any standard document on providing guidelines to create and work with TERADATA STORED PROCEDURES.

Teradata Employee

Yes.

Go to the Teradata documentation web site:

http://www.info.teradata.com/Datawarehouse/eBrowseBy.cfm?page=TeradataDatabase

In the upper right corner of the page, click the Teradata Database version that you are using.

All the documentation for that Teradata Database version will be displayed.

Choose the reference manual "SQL Stored Procedures and Embedded SQL".

Enthusiast

Hi, I do not see any mention of a fix for the issue described, was one found?

We have exactly the same issue, but it only occurs on our PROD system and not on our TEST system - both are running the same versions of TD 13.10. Also we ahve no problems running in SQL Assistant, but we are experiencing the same error through using Informatica.

SPL5000:W(L17), E(3523):An owner referenced by user does not have EXECUTE PROCEDURE access to Database.SP001

We are running a report SP, which calls multiple SPs and when trying to run the replace statement, we get the above error for all SPs being called and the SP is not created.