Error Code 2652. Operation Not allowed.

Database

Error Code 2652. Operation Not allowed.

I have installed TERADATA from the demo CD into my windows 2000 work station. I have created a table called AHMED.FAMILY. I used FASTLOAD utility to insert two rows from a comma delimited file. To the best of my knowledge the FASTLOAD operation completed successfully. I tried to read the table data using select * from ahmed.family. I am getting the ERROR Code 2652.

Code = 2652.
2652: Operation not allowed: AHMED.FAMILY is being Loaded.

I tried to stop the teradata services. Turned-off my laptop computer. The message still stays there. I tried to delete the table. Error 2652 pops-up.

I need help to find how can I terminate this operation.

Thanks.
Pervez Ahmed
5 REPLIES

Re: Error Code 2652. Operation Not allowed.

Hi,
this means that the fastload RD isn't 0. You must have a look to the log and understand what is your problem.
Could you please post the fld log?

However, in most of cases if one FLD job ends with a RC <> 0, the only way to access the table is to drop and recreate it...

Bye,
TDUser

Thanks for your response. I will try to post the log later. I have to find out where the log is maintained. There was two other suggestions.

1. To run the scripts using an empty data file. I tried this did not work. I may have missed any steps. I believe, since the FASTLOAD operation is for the empty tables only. Loading even no data was not accomplished.

2. The second solution was to drop the table. This did work but lost the table definitions. This can be recreated. This may not be a clean way.

Thanks.
Pervez Ahmed

You may use an empty file if the first fastload does't perform the "end loading" command.
In this case its RC is = 4, that is FastLoad paused. this is a very good way to load several files into an empty table without copying them into one big file and it allows you to use fld that is the fastest way to load into an empty table.

You can restart your fld only if it has terminated due to 2644 error: no more room in db. In this case, give your db the necessary space and run againg your fld job.

In all other cases you MUST drop your table. BTW, via Winddi (Teradata Administrator) you can retrieve ddl definition of your table before dropping it.

You're right, this may not be a clean way to act, but remember that fld is a fast utility, but it is also relatively "simple", I mean you cannot, for example, "release" it in the same way you act with multiload...

Hope this helps, let me know if you find you log file,
TDUser
N/A

could anybody advice how to get the logs in fastload

@heer:

Check the SYSADMIN.FASTLOG table...