Error: No more room in database DBC

Database
Enthusiast

Error: No more room in database DBC

Hello.

I have some already created databases and want to add some table into them.
But when I trying to create new tables teradata gives out to me message "No more room in database DBC".
What does it mean and how can I fix this problem ?

I can create new tables only when some other tables will be dropped. But no one table can be dropped.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Error: No more room in database DBC

Most likely that's because you allocated all the perm space to other databases ...

check what's the free perm in DBC, and if it's very low, move some space from other databases...
Enthusiast

I also believe that some of the tables have pretty bad indexes.
You may want to account for this skewness when you move space.

Thanks,
Vinay Bagare
Enthusiast

I assume you are creating tables in a user database, not in DBC. Database DBC contains only system tables. If it has no more room, it could be because either (a) not enough space is allocated to the DBC database, or (b) some system table is using too much space. A possible culprit is the transient journal. Especially in V2R6.2 and later, the journal uses a lot of space (due to write-ahead logging). Space should be recovered automatically as transactions commit, but a long-running transaction can cause space not to be released quickly enough.

The DBC.DiskSpace and TableSize views should help you pinpoint the problem.
Enthusiast

Try deleting some rows in Accesslog and DBQL tables in dbc.You might free some space there.Check to see the growth of your Accesslog and Query log tables. If they are growing indefinitely and filling up the space, then probably you might have anabled the logging option on maximum number of database objects. plan your logging options accordingly.