Error message with TPT FASTLOAD (Could Not Find Message Catalog opermsgs.cat)

Database
Enthusiast

Error message with TPT FASTLOAD (Could Not Find Message Catalog opermsgs.cat)

Hi,

We've been getting this error message intermittently for TPT FASTLOAD running from SAS

ERROR: Teradata connection: Could Not Find Message Catalog opermsgs.cat Correct error and restart as an APPEND process with op

tion

TPT_RESTART=YES. Since no checkpoints were taken, if the previous run used FIRSTOBS=n, use the same value in the restar

t.

NOTE: The DATA step has been abnormally terminated.

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

N

Any solution please?

Regards...

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Error message with TPT FASTLOAD (Could Not Find Message Catalog opermsgs.cat)

We encountered the "Could Not Find Message Catalog opermsgs.cat" error when attempting to use Informatica and TPT.

Our solution was to ensure the following envirables were set (this is for AIX, some translation of variable names may/will be required for other Unix variants).

export LANG=en_US

export LC__FASTMSG=false          # NB There are 2 underscores in this envirable name.

export NLSPATH=$TWB_ROOT/msg64/%N:$NLSPATH

The other key factor is to ensure that the LIBPATH (AIX) points to the correct and matching libraries - i.e. all 64 bit paths or all 32 bit paths. Don't mix and match 64 / 32 bit.

My suspicion was that the LC__FASTMSG=false was the key. I am not sure exactly what it does as it does not appear to be mentioned in the manuals.

Enthusiast

Re: Error message with TPT FASTLOAD (Could Not Find Message Catalog opermsgs.cat)

I'm having a similar issue with SAS 9.2 and TTU 14.10.  TTU is installed on the server and all the tools work fine via command line, but we get the below error when trying to use TPT in SAS:

Teradata connection: TPT FastExport:  Could Not Find Message Catalog opermsgs.cat

The following environment variable add, results in another error:

export COPERR=/opt/teradata/client/14.10/lib:/opt/teradata/client/14.10/tbuild/msg64

Error:

CLI:Message catalog open failed!: No such file or directory
The file "errmsg.cat" cannot be opened.
There may be problems with your installation.

Errmsg.cat is in /opt/teradata/client/14.10/lib so why does adding another path cause this behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Enthusiast

Got it by adding the following to our SAS startup scripts:

export NLSPATH=/opt/teradata/client/14.10/tbuild/msg64/opermsgs.cat;

It would not work without including the opermsgs.cat file.  When only adding the dirctory where opermsgs.cat is located, the following was occuring (via strace):

open("/opermsgs.cat", O_RDONLY)   = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

I too saw this error on my system. It disappeared with the installation of latest version of odbc