Error while trying to connect to Teradata

Database
Enthusiast

Error while trying to connect to Teradata

Hello.
I'm trying to start web application which use Teradata as database under WebSphere 6.1.
Application must connect to db via DataSource(defined correctly, I think).
When application try to open connection to the database JDBC driver returns an error:
"java.sql.SQLException: [NCR] [Teradata JDBC Driver] : Single Sign-On NOT supported for Mechanism TD2.DSRA0010E: SQL State = HY000, Error Code = 1?032"

What does it mean and how to fix this error?
Tried to search any information via google, but... cant find anything usefull.

Thanks.

Best Regards, Sergey.
6 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Error while trying to connect to Teradata

The problem is solved.
Single Sign-On must be switched on:

gtwcontrol -a on

Enthusiast

Now Teradata write:
"com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: [NCR] [Teradata DBMS] : Access Logging step has failed. The transaction was aborted."

Also don't know how to solve. Google can't help.
Teradata Employee

Your access logging rules say that an audit trail row must be inserted or updated in DBC.AccLogTbl before the request can be executed, but that logging failed.

Perhaps it's because database DBC is out of Perm space, or perhaps there is a problem with the table.

Your DBA need to fix the access logging issue and/or turn off access logging.

Where should I specify the "gtwcontrol -a on"? Custom properties of the data source?
Enthusiast

you can run it from any of the teradata nodes ...
Enthusiast

We had this situation in past and I thought I will update w/ some details on what we did (At least this is true in cases where we don't have Single Sign on setup such as LDAP)

This may occur when you have partial information in JDBC URL connection or during a System Restart.

For the former one, check if all information in the connection string is populated.

For the later one, you need to make sure that you restart session pooling.

HTH!

Best,

Vinay Bagare