Esri ArcMap - Database Connection?

Database
Junior Supporter

Esri ArcMap - Database Connection?

In Esri ArcMap I see how to connect to a Netezza, Oracle, SQL Server databases, but I don't see a selection for Teradata.

Anyone know how to connect to Teradata for Esri ArcMap?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Junior Supporter

Re: Esri ArcMap - Database Connection?

ArcMap can now connect to Teradata.

Does anyone know what tables or views the user needs permissions to for the tables to show up in ArcMap after connecting to the Teradata database?

Visitor

I would like to promote this question to the top. I am having an issue with this and I don't know if it is a Teradata issue or an ArcGIS issue.

I can connect to an Oracle database just fine and see tables and views in ArcGIS software. But when I try to connect to the Teradata database using a feature called New Query Table in ArcMAP, I get an error that says "The user does not have SELECT access to DBC.TVM.TVMId.". I click OK and can run a SQL statement that I know works and it will pull data from the view I'm referencing, but I can't see the views ahead of time so I can see what's available. I have a similar issue in the application Oracle Developer when I am trying to examine tables or columns from Teradata. I can connect to the database and can run SQL statements I know work and get results, but I cannot preview the data in the Teradata views. Does anyone know any setting or anything to make this work? Thanks!

Teradata Employee

This error means you need to talk to your dba and see if you can get the select perms

Teradata Employee

What ArcMAP version he used?

If you have version ArcGIS10.5, you need:

• grant UDTUSAGE on SYSUDTLIB to “teradata_user”;
  • grant select, insert, update, delete, execute procedure, execute function  on sysspatial to “teradata_user”;

If you have old version [any version prior to 10.5], select on DBC.TVM to user also MUST be granted in addition to grants above.

Tags (2)