Expanded Teradata Express Family Available

Database
The Teradata Database channel includes discussions around advanced Teradata features such as high-performance parallel database technology, the optimizer, mixed workload management solutions, and other related technologies.
Junior Contributor

Re: Expanded Teradata Express Family Available

AFAIK there will be no more Windows version of TDE, only VMWare.
But you can download the "Teradata Express TTU Package" at http://developer.teradata.com/node/7314 to install the Windows client.

Dieter
Teradata Employee

Is there any SLES10 SP3 version for TD 13.0 Express?
Enthusiast

Are there any plans for an OVF version of Teradata Express?
Highlighted

HI , I have installed TD13 express on my desktop , I allocated 4GB DB size , now I want to increase the DB size to 20 GB , can some one share the procedure how to modify DB size ?
Thanks
Teradata Employee

The database size is fixed with the Teradata Express versions. I think your best option is to use the 40 GB Teradata Express for VMware Player edition.

Hey guys,

I was told that practice data came with this download and setup. Is that true? If so, where is it at within the download? I'd like to be able to load that practice data within my VMware Teradata Express installation (40gb) so that I can begin using the tools and utilities functionality on the data. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!
Enthusiast

Hey guys,

I've run TDE for VMware on my Macbook Pro using VMware Fusion 3.x successfully. I've since upgraded to VMware 4.x and find I cannot install a newly downloaded instance of TDE for VMware on my laptop. Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so, were you able to address it?
Not applicable

Hi ,
This may sound weird but the download link of Teradata Express emails the 32-bit version and not the VMWARE Image links. I have 64-bit Win 7 & need Vmware Express image of 13.10 ( 4/40 GB version).
Teradata Mike or anyone Listening ??
Teradata Employee

I'll double-check those links to make sure we haven't crossed our wires. In the meanwhile, can you try with a different browser? I think we've seen some caching issues on the browser that have also caused issues like this.
Not applicable

Hey, I downloaded TD1310_40GB vmware image, got it installed in vmware player okay and started. It's now asking forusername/password. What does it want, cannot seem to authenticate?