Filtering Answerset Issue in SQL Assistant

Database

Filtering Answerset Issue in SQL Assistant

I'm having an issue copying from a filtered answerset in SQL Assistant. While testing code I might look for certain conditions like if a particular field is null, filter the results to show only those records then I'll want to copy certain identifying info (e.g. account numbers) so I can run a more detailed query on just those accounts. 

What happens is that even though the answerset is filtered when I highlight and copy it'll still copy all records instead of just the ones that are visible. It didn't use to work this way but I recently got a new computer and had to reinstall everything, I'm currently using version 13.10.0.02. 

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Filtering Answerset Issue in SQL Assistant

I'm out of the office at the moment so I'll take a look when I get back in a few days.

I don't think I changed anything in that area but it's possible that the spreadsheet vendor changed a defaut somewhere and no one noticed.

Note that 13.10 is very old now. If I need to issue an efix it would have to be for a later version. (14.10 and later)

Teradata Employee

Re: Filtering Answerset Issue in SQL Assistant

I no longer have 13.10 or 13.11 installed but I verified that 14.01, 14.10, 15.0 and 15.10 all work correctly. (Those are the 4 versions we still support)

In addition, filtering was greatly improved in 15.0. You may now select multiple values at the same time, or use numeric filters such as 'greater than x' or 'between x and y' as well as string filters such as 'begins with' or 'contains'.

I would suggest you upgrade to a newer version - preferably 15.0 or 15.10. 

Note that SQL Assistant can only be downloaded as part of the TTU suite for 15.0 and above, so you would have to download the entire TTU suite but you can ask it to install only SQL Assistant. In reality that would also install ODBC, TeraGSS and ICU as these would be required if you connect using ODBC. (We recommend connecting via Teradata.Net however as that provides additional functionality and better performance, so you should install .Net Data Provider for Teradata also.)