Finding User information

Database
Enthusiast

Finding User information

Hi,

Can some one help me to find list of users and their passwords, ie., in which DD table/view we can find all users and corresponding passwords?

Thanks in advance,

Srinivas.

7 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Finding User information

I am afraid if passwords can be obtained :). Did you select from  dbc.dbase?

Enthusiast

Yeah :), actually I'm looking for userid with initial passwd and I'm using query:

select PasswordChgDate from dbc.Dbase where databasename = 'xxxx';

and the result is showing as -735,531, how to convert this in to date format?

Thank you,

srinivas.

Enthusiast

Teradata uses one way encrytion for storing user passwords,we cannot decrypt the password if its forgotten.

Only way is to reset the password with the help of administartor.

Enthusiast

You may use PasswordModTime in DBC.DBASE to get the last modification time stamp.

PasswordChgDate  value is stored as a Julien date in DBC.DBASE.Conversion of Julien date to integer date format is available in the definition of DBC.users dictionary view.However it is populated as null in DBC.users  in cases where the PasswordChgDate <0 in DBC.dbase.

Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply Kishore. In the above case the PasswordChgDate value from DBC.Dbase is < 0 and as you said that DBC.Users view is populates null if PasswordChgDate is <0, then how would I convert that Julien date into normal date format. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Srini.

Teradata Employee
Teradata Employee

If you can share more about what you are trying to achieve, we may be able to help you in a better way.