General queries regarding array data type in Teradata?

Database
Enthusiast

General queries regarding array data type in Teradata?

Hi @all,

We are working on an approach to offload data from Teradata tables to Hadoop.The table supports all kinds of data types
and need to extend this approach for arrays as well.So I have a couple of queries with respect to this.

1)Can I create a table in Teradata with array data type and insert values into it?
2)Syntax for creating a table and insertion of data.Can it be achieved by normal create table and insert statements that are executed in SQL assistant?
3)Can a column having array data type be exported from a Teradata table using FastExport utility?
4)Can a column having array data type be exported from a Teradata table to hadoop using TDCH connectors/Sqoop?

5)Could you provide any examples/links for table creation and insertion for Teradata array types?

Regards,
Indranil Roy

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: General queries regarding array data type in Teradata?

1) Can I create a table in Teradata with array data type and insert values into it?

Yes.

2) Syntax for creating a table and insertion of data.Can it be achieved by normal create table and insert statements that are executed in SQL assistant?

The syntax for creating an ARRAY data type and specifying as a table column is documented in the Teradata Database Reference / SQL Data Types and Literals, which is available from www.info.teradata.com

5) Could you provide any examples/links for table creation and insertion for Teradata array types?

Examples are shown in the Teradata Database Reference / SQL Data Types and Literals.

Enthusiast

@tomnolan

Thanks for the reply.Can we create and insert array types using SQL assistant?

Teradata Employee

Yes, you can use SQL Assistant to create ARRAY data types, and to insert ARRAY values.