Got the error "Multiple 'FORMAT' options" when run the SQL from Teradata Document.

Database

Got the error "Multiple 'FORMAT' options" when run the SQL from Teradata Document.

Hi,

When I try to implement the SQL from teradata document("CREATE TABLE t2 (f1 TIME(0) FORMAT 'HHhMIm')"), I got the error "Multiple 'FORMAT' options", what caused this issue?

Another issue, does Teradata support the SQL as "SELECT CAST( (CAST (T1 AS FORMAT 'HHMI')) AS CHAR(6)) FROM INTTIME"?

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: Got the error "Multiple 'FORMAT' options" when run the SQL from Teradata Document.

Both statements work for me.

Which TD release and which client are you using?

Dieter

Re: Got the error "Multiple 'FORMAT' options" when run the SQL from Teradata Document.

Thanks for the reply.

I use the Teradata V12 and connect it via Teradata ODBC Driver with my UI, not the TD client. I'm puzzled how many TIME format teradata supported.

Senior Apprentice

The available FORMATs are described in the "SQL Data Types and Literals" manual.

Your client or ODBC seems to change the source code. You could check the QueryLog for the actual query text received by the parser.

If it's ODBC then checking "Disable Parsing" in the ODBC options usually helps.

Dieter

Thanks Dieter

Yes, when I checking "Disable Parsing" in the ODBC options, it works now. thank you very much.

N/A

iam using Teradata13.1  i want check  "Disable Parsing" in the ODBC option where can find that option.