How to automate commands?

Database
N/A

How to automate commands?

Hi,

Is it possible to write scripts to automate most of the Teradata setup commands? Im sure there must be a way to do it, like for instance if I have my vprocs FATAL and I want to bring them online, I have to run vprocmanager to either supply a long string like:

set 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33=online

to bring all vproc online, or do it one by one. But what I want to do is to somehow supply this command in a shell script so that I can just run a shell script and it will do all this. Does vprocmanager take any arguments?

Thanks,
3 REPLIES
N/A

Re: How to automate commands?

Oops, this doesn't look like a demo system.
Of course you could automate that vprocmanager script, but this will not eliminate the cause of that problem.
You should better contact your Teradata support immediately.

Dieter
Teradata Employee

It is doable. You can use cnsrun to run vprocmanager in CNS and automate the steps.

cnsrun [ -machine ] [ -help ]
{ -utility | -join | -query }
[ -screen ] [ -prompt ] [ -multi ]
{ -file | -commands }
[ -ok | -force ] [ -nostop ] [ -log ]
[ -output | -debug ]
N/A

Well, I know why the vprocs are FATAL, and that was expected. The configuration changes frequently and sometimes vprocs go fatal. That is why I wanted to implement some kind of script to make it faster. cnsrun is a good idea, will give it a try, thank you!!