How to create a Database on Teradata for the first time

Database

How to create a Database on Teradata for the first time

Hi Experts,

I have installed TTU_DBM.exe & TTU_Base.exe v15.00.00 on Windows 7 x64 successfully. After installing, When I am opening SQL Assistant, It is blank. I mean there is no Database schema. 

Can anyone please tell me how to start with the default Database after installation & how to create user defined Schemas in Teradata to proceed.

Thank you,

Aashish

6 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: How to create a Database on Teradata for the first time

Aashish,

Have you installed the Database software?

If so have you logged on?  

Rglass

Hi Rglass,

I have installed TTU_DBM.exe & TTU_Base.exe applications as of now. Is the DB software, which you are asking, comes under these 2 exec's or I have to install another application to create Database?

If it is other one, can you please give me the link to download that for Windows 7 x64.

Thanks,

Aashish

Further, Is there any document or pdf which anyone of you have for proceeding on topics like architecture & other basic funda's

Please share that.

Thanks in advance,

Aashish

Enthusiast

Aashish,

there is documentation available on Teradata.com.

For your Database, You can download TD Express for Vmware from the same site.

Rglass

Enthusiast

Hi Glass ,

I have installed client for Teradata Studio15 .Now I need a server database .  DO you know link where I will get it or suggest right direction .     Thanks  in Advance

Teradata Employee

Find Teradata Express for VMWare Player database images and instructions on Developer Exchange (developer.teradata.com):

http://downloads.teradata.com/download/database/