How to find a lost password for a user

Database
Enthusiast

How to find a lost password for a user

Hi,

Can anyone let me know if there is any way we can retrieve the user's password from any system table in Teradata.
If someone forgets his/her SYSDBS password then what is the way to retrieve that.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: How to find a lost password for a user

Hi Amit,
I don't think you can retireve a pwd once it has stored in the DD. If you look at dbc.DBase table you may understand the reason...

If I were you I would chenge the user pwd connecting with an administrator user to the RDBMS.

Hope this helps,
Bye,
TDUser
Enthusiast

Thanks,

But what if you forgets your only Administrators password :-)

I know in a work situation it will not happen as you will have more than one administrators. This question come up when I was doing something on my personal server & had a hardtime in recalling my password.

Is there any way we can decrypt the password stored in this DBase table?

Thanks!
Amit
Enthusiast

Well, if you were on your personal server.... what about applying the best "stop and restart solution"? That, in your case, would be uninstall and install the RDBMS again? :-)

Joking aside, I don't think what you want to do is possible, but I've never really investigate on it...

Good luck in your inquiry!
TDUser
Enthusiast

By design, passwords are stored in DBC.DBase using a one-way encryption method. If you forget a password, consider it gone forever.