How to find the CPU used/health status at TASM Virtual partition level?

Database
Teradata Employee

How to find the CPU used/health status at TASM Virtual partition level?

Hello Forum,

 

We have 2 Virtual Partitions defined in TASM. During the day (FR: mornings) 30% resources are foreseen for Batch workload, and the remaining 70% is foreseen for ETL activity. How can we monitor the health/CPU of only 1 partition?
For example: if the CPU is 40% used, we cannot distinghuish between healthy state of 10% on batch or on 30% on ETL, and the unhealthy state of 30% on batch = full resource utilization for that virtual partition and only 10% used for ETL workload. How can we improve this monitoring on Virtual Partition level? Is this information in Viewpoint, or in DBC tables?

 

Any inputs on this?

 

Thanks,

Sandeep.

 

GANGA SANDEEP KUMAR

1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: How to find the CPU used/health status at TASM Virtual partition level?

The Workload Monitor portlet Distribution view shows CPU by virtual partition.

And ResUsageSps rows include the Virtual Partition ID.