How to force a Teradata user to modify his/her password on next login?

Database

How to force a Teradata user to modify his/her password on next login?

I see that it is possible to force users to periodically change their password via profiles (DBC.PROFILES.EXPIREPASSWORD) or at the system level (DBC.SYSSECDEFAULTS).

Is there a command that can be issued to force a password change after a user is first created or anytime their password is reset by an administrator?
2 REPLIES

Re: How to force a Teradata user to modify his/her password on next login?

The FOR USER option effectively established a temporary password that can be used to logon one time by the user. This option is only effective if the ExpirePassword attribute (set in DBC.SysSecDefaults or a profile) is set to a value greater than 0.

MODIFY USER RobertSmith AS PASSWORD = secret FOR USER;

The existing password immediately expires and is replaced by “secret”. In this example, “secret” is effectively a temporary password that allows a one-time logon. The value for PasswordChgDate is reset to 0.

Note: The PasswordChgDate column is also set to 0 when a new user is created – assuming that ExpirePassword is set to a value greater than 0.

The temporary password expires immediately when the user logs on for the first time and the user needs to select a new, permanent password at that time.
Enthusiast

Re: How to force a Teradata user to modify his/her password on next login?

Hi,

I have a question regarding password change and appreciate if someone can assist:

We have 2 database servers:

In one server, When the password expires for any specific ID, say after 90 days it shows a pop up box and requests that you change your pwd.

But in second database server, When the password expires for any specific ID, say after 90 days it DOESN'T show this pop up box.

Can you please help me understand why in the second database server it doesn't show up the pop up box?

Thanks,

Kaleem Pasha