How to import data from Oracle using SQL Assistant

Database
N/A

How to import data from Oracle using SQL Assistant

Hi, I am trying to import some data from Oracle database. I used to extract data from Oracle and convert to .csv and then use the import function in SQL Assistant. However, this time the amount of data is so large that it is quite time consuming to do so. Is there any method that can export directly without going through .csv file step? Thx.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES

Re: How to import data from Oracle using SQL Assistant

Take a look at TPT (ODBC operator + LOAD operator ).

HTH.

Cheers.

carlos
N/A

I am trying to do it via SQL assistant, I can't seem to get the format correct. Have you used the import function before, if so what do I ned to do to get it working?
N/A

Your input needs to be a file and it needs to be some form of delimited. In the SQLA options, you can specify the delimiting character. I think the default is | but I could be wrong. Once you've got your file defined, you need to create your DML statement. Put question marks (?) in as the variables for your file. I believe the order of the variables will be the order of the columns, so make sure the ordering matches up. Then, turn on the import functionality and execute the query. It should ask for a filename at the point. Navigate to it in your environment, and away you go.