How to resolve TDWM Filter violation error: For Rule Name 'Security' FailCode = -3152

Database

How to resolve TDWM Filter violation error: For Rule Name 'Security' FailCode = -3152

Hi all,

I recently started working with Teradata database. Apart from using Teradata studio I also experimented with making connections to Teradata using Python libraries such as sqlalchemy. However, I keep on getting the following error message.

DatabaseError: (teradata.api.DatabaseError) (210, "[HY000] [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver]
[Teradata Database] (210) TDWM Filter violation for Logon Request: For Rule Name 'Security'
FailCode = -3152")

After looking at the error it seems to be from database settings instead of code or Python library error. Since this description is very short, could anyone please help to explain what this error means and how to resolve it?

Thank you!

1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: How to resolve TDWM Filter violation error: For Rule Name 'Security' FailCode = -3152

Yes, this comes from a workload management rule. Talk to your DBA support team to determine what restrictions are in place.