Index Access

Database

Index Access

Hi There,

I wanted to restrict users to create Secondary Indexes on one of the database. Is there any way we can do that?

Below are the initial findings as per the environment,

1) If any users creates a table there implicitly all access rights are in placed on the table with grant option which includes Index Access.

2) The above access are implicitly placed because of one of the Role which we have created to provide to all the users / databases implicitly.

3)Either I can revoke the Index access on that role which removes index access to all the users but my requirement is only for One Database. 

Can you suggest how to proceed in this case?

Appreciate for your Time and Efforts.

Thanks,

Gopal Peri.

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Index Access

The automatic INDEX WITH GRANT right given to the creator is unrelated to any ROLE right (except for CREATE TABLE).

Thanks Fred for the Reply. But my question is when a user creates a table in a database will the explicity All rights will be given to the Table with grant option or do we need to setup any setting to do that.

In my scenario , we have 20 databases and we want users to restrict creating Secondary Indexes on One database. Can i restrict Index access on single database for all users ?

Thanks,

Gopal Peri.

Tags (1)
Teradata Employee

The creator of a table is automatically granted rights on that table WITH GRANT OPTION. There is no setup, nor any way to prevent it (though the automatic rights can be revoked later).

There is no way to prevent users from defining secondary indexes on tables that they create.