Informatica sessions failing to connection Teradata

Database
N/A

Informatica sessions failing to connection Teradata

Hi all,

I work with Informatica and Teradata together - we've been having problems for quite a while with database connections to Teradata.

Quite often Informatica sessions crash on connecting to Teradata (via an ODBC connection).

It seems quite arbitrary to us because some nights a specific session runs OK, and some nights it crashes.

There have been a lot of different solutions suggested but nothing to seems to help - this includes changing some of the ODBC connections to loads via MLOAD.
It was suggested that a large number of ODBC sessions running in parallel was the problem. Changing some to MLOAD hasn't appeared to help.

Has anyone ever heard of this problem before?
The error message we're getting is:

[TCP/IP][WSock32 DLL] 10054 WSA E ConnReset: Connection reset by peer[NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver] Not enough information to log on

Database driver error...

Function Name : Connect

Database driver error...

Function Name : Connect

Database Error: Failed to connect to database using user [informatica] and connection string [INFORMATICA].]

I'm convinced that other sites that use Teradata and Informatica together must have experienced the same issues so any feedback would be gratefully accepted!

3 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Informatica sessions failing to connection Teradata

Are you using the same user id for all the jobs? if so, then try to use different batch user id for respective jobs.

Yes, we getting a similar error but SQL_ALLOCATE_HANDLE is our error.
It only happens to sessions with more than 2 connections for source and target. Our staging jobs, but not our Core loads that have a ton of lookups but only 1 src and 1 tgt.
Informatica wanted us to run odbc trace but we haven't resolved it yet.
N/A

Yes , I am also working with Informatica on Teradata and i have been through such a situation 4 months ago but thanks to God it was fixid by applying an the ODBC connection components specially the GSS , Although we have tried before the Latest ODBC connection (V 13) and it didn't help, you can ask your CS (Teradata side) for this batch .