Installing Teradata 12.0 - Not working

Database
Fan

Installing Teradata 12.0 - Not working

Hello,

I'm installing Teradata 12.0 on a Dell Poweredge 2950. After installing the Bynet and the Database (both 12.0.0.0 SW and 12.0.0.4 SW update) and restarting the server, I'll start up the Teradata Command Prompt, submit a "net start recond". Afterwords, I'll submit a "pdestate -a" and from there I SHOULD see the following:

PDE state: RUN/READY
DBS state: DBS is not running

However, instead I'm only seeing:

It doesn't even say anything about the DBS state, which makes me worry that I've forgotten something during the installation (though I swear I've followed the directions I received closely). I tried starting up the Teradata Database Initiator manually through services.msc, but it will start up and immediately shut down.

Has anyone encountered this situation before and has found a solution? Any advice is greatly appreciate.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES
Fan

Re: Installing Teradata 12.0 - Not working

Hmm, I can't edit my post.

Anyways, what I see instead is:

PDE state: DOWN/HARDSTOP

I apologize for the error.
Enthusiast

There should be an error event in the Event Log that will indicate why Teradata failed to start. Use the Microsoft Event Viewer accessory to view the Event Log.

Hi,
I'm running into the same error.
To give some more information about it, when I start the Teradata Database initializer windows service, it gets stopped right after a couple of seconds. The PDE status is also displayed as DOWN/HARDSTOP.

The event log says, something like "The Teradata Database Initiator service entered the stopped state". I would greatly appreciate any help in this regard.

-Prabath