Is temp space comes from permenant space?

Database
Enthusiast

Is temp space comes from permenant space?

Hello,
in the basics exam i got one question "Temporary space is permenant space currently not used" can some body plz explain about this statement that is it the correct statement?
4 REPLIES
Fan

Re: Is temp space comes from permenant space?

Yup, temp is the perm space that is currently not being used... Thats correct. I think it is temp space that hasnt been allocated to any table... correct me if i am wrong..

Enthusiast

Hi,
If temp is the perm space that is currently not being used....Then what is spool space?
How do you differenciate between Temp and spool ?

thanks,
abc
Enthusiast

Hi,

I hope the following explanation will clear your doubts…

Perm Space:- It is the maximum amount of Permanent Space assigned and available to a User or Database to store tables, and the Perm Space is consumed dynamically as needed.

Spool Space:- The total amount of space assigned and available to a User or Database to gather answer sets. For example, when executing a conditional query, qualifying rows are temporarily stored using Spool Space. Permanent Space not being used for tables is available for Spool Space.

Temp Space:- This is the amount of space used for global temporary tables, and these results remain available to the user until the session is terminated. Tables created in Temp Space will survive a restart. Permanent Space not being used for tables is available for Temp Space as well as Spool Space.

Regards,
Balamurugan
Fan

Hi Syam
Good to hear man, can you share some questions with me
I am also preparing for Basic exam eswar.r05@gmail.com - thanks