Issue during import text data in to table using sql assistant

Database
Enthusiast

Issue during import text data in to table using sql assistant

Hi All,

I got issue during import data to a empty table which is having 64 columns from a text file. Datatype of columns include varchar,char,decimal(18,0) and date . While importing Decimal column is not loading into the table for which I am getting error.Source file and target table are having same number of columns and datatypes. Column 3 is of decimal(18,0) and is having null as default value.

INSERT INTO Db.XYZ Values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?);

Error I am getting is :

Bad character format or data in the table xyz.column3

Text file includes 30 records. I have removed the header for importing the data  to a table.Can you please help ....

Thanks in advance... :)

Regards,

Arohi

4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Issue during import text data in to table using sql assistant

Arohi,

I don't believe you can load nulls using sqla. You can either update the nulls in the file to a value known not to exist in the data, load the table then update the value to null or better use Fastload or TPT in the first place.

Rglass

Enthusiast

Thanks Glass for your reply...I must try on your suggestion. 

Thanks,

Arohi

Enthusiast

Hope you have verified the delimiter set in the import setting(options->export/import) if it matches the exact delimiter in your text file.

Enthusiast

Ya I have verified the delimeter set but it seems for handling nulls issue  while  loading to the table...Thanks  Satyanarayan for your reply..

Regards,

Arohi